Monday, February 9, 2009

Q-Picks 2008

Q-Picks 2008

I realize we're already into February, but I've finally got around to jotting down my favourite music for 2008. I tried to keep the lists to the top 10, but when it came to jotting down my favourites for the bootleg songs, I honestly couldn't chop it down to 10... So that ended up being a list of 14.

When I was going through my iTunes lists to write down my favourites, I noticed something very interesting... The number of commercial songs that I collected this past year dropped noticeably compared to the previous year, but the number of mashups I collected was considerably more. And overall, I collected more music this year than the previous year. So my involvement as a mashup producer this year has noticeably changed my listening habits.


Favourite Albums

  1. Flying White Dots - 3D [link]
  2. Tangerine Dream - Booster
  3. Dido - Safe Trip Home
  4. Ministry & Co Conspirators - Cover Up
  5. 1086 Productions - Mashed in Plastic [link]
  6. The B-52's - Funplex
  7. WHA!? - Summer of Love 2008 [link]
  8. DJ Schmolli - Falco re:loaded [link]
  9. Mashup Industries - King of the Road [link]
  10. Go Home Productions - Spliced Krispies [link]


Favourite Commercial Songs

  1. Dido - Grafton Street
  2. The B-52's - Eyes Wide Open
  3. Ministry & Co Conspirators - Under My Thumb
  4. Tom Jones - I'm Alive
  5. Eliza Carthy - Train Song
  6. Dido - Us 2 Little Gods
  7. P!nk - Bad Influence
  8. Suzie McNeil - Fast Lane
  9. Feist - Sealion
  10. Violent Femmes - Crazy


Favourite Non-commercial Songs

  1. Phil RetroSpector - Bluebird Blackout [link]
  2. LeeDM101 - Eternal Graces [link]
  3. Flying White Dots - Tears of Fire [link]
  4. DJ Schmolli - Do It Again and Again and Again [link]
  5. G3RSt - Something Stupid This Way Comes [link]
  6. Bobby Martini - Here Comes the Sunscreem [link]
  7. Eve Massacre - Love Sun or Hate Sun It Shines on the Faint [link]
  8. DJ Spider - Sunrise Over the Long Pjanoo Train [link]
  9. Simon Iddol - Sargasso Sleep [link]
  10. Apollo Zero - Dino's Dream (Apollo Zero Reconstruct) [link]
  11. Clivester - Sex with Madonna [link]
  12. Wax Audio - Sad But Superstitious [link]
  13. Copycat - Does Your Homosapien Know? [link]
  14. DJ Useo - The Rabbit Man [link]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, thanks!

Gerst said...

Thanks for the inclusion, Q! Much obliged. :)

G3RSt

Unknown said...

Thanks mate. Very kind. Glad you liked. /Cc

Konrad Useo said...

I am considerably honoured to make this list.
& to think I try not to post silly boots any more.