Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Behind the Silver Screen

Behind the Silver Screen

Very shortly, I will be releasing the first mash-up track from my new series, Behind the Silver Screen. Each mash-up track in this series will contain source material from one or more movie soundtrack songs.

Throughout the upcoming year (or so), I will release additional mash-up tracks for this series as I produce them. Each track released for this series will be identified with cover art similar to the one shown above in this posting.

The idea for this series was originally spawned in September 2008 while I was putting together a mash-up that contained a track from a movie soundtrack. I thought it would be a cool idea to produce an entire album containing mash-up tracks based on movie soundtrack songs. However, at that time, I didn't quite have the skills yet to maintain a good enough quality mash-up production for this type of album. So I set it aside for a later date.

While I was completing my Continuum 08 singles remaster project in the middle of 2009, I re-opened my movie soundtrack mash-up track and worked on improving the quality of the production. However, I wasn't happy with the overall arrangement and mix... I couldn't quite capture my vision for the track. So again, I put the track aside.

In the following couple of years, I would return to this little movie soundtrack project every 4-6 months and do a little more work on the track, then put it aside again. And when I wasn't working on it, I was writing down ideas for other movie soundtrack mash-ups. Although I didn't have a completed track for the project, I now had a lot of ideas for the project.

It wasn't until the past few months, over 3.5 years after the original conception, that I was able to fully realize my vision for this first mash-up track of this series. Hopefully, it won't take me that long to produce the second track. :)

2 comments:

Konrad Useo said...

Best mashup ever.Thanks.

QUBIC said...

Thanks Useo, you're too generous with your compliment. I'm working on a "bester" mash-up for the next one in this series.