Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Principle Look of Twin Lust #14

TPLoTL-art-400.jpg

I have a list of songs I'd like to mashup, and this was not originally on that list. But when I came across it in my stack of CD singles and gave it a listen, it was an immediate must-do.

It turned out to be a bit of a challenge, though... I only had the experience of one mashup under my belt (maybe more like one-and-a-half mashups with the extended version of my first). And I didn't have an instrumental of the Enigma jazz mix. Nor did I have the acapella for the Diana Krall tune, so I extracted my own. And, of course, jazz can be a little loose when it comes to where some of the instrumental or vocals kick in, so I had to reconstruct some audio sounds to remove some clicks and fill in a few tiny gaps.

I also got a bit stuck on what to do for the mix on a small section, so I just put the project aside for several days while the songs stewed around in my head. Once I figured it out, I was quite happy with the end results. This is definitely not a dance/club mix, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.


The Principle Look of Twin Lust #14
Enigma - Principles of Lust (Jazz Mix)
Enigma - Principles of Lust (Everlasting Lust Mix)
Diana Krall - The Look of Love
Aphex Twin - #14 (from "Selected Ambient Works, Vol. II")
Depeche Mode - I Want You Now
5:27 / 192 kbps / 7.6 MB


Download the MP3 file here.


WARNING: Maximum speed of this mashup is only 95 bpm -- Not intended for the dance floor.

No comments: